This is a great way to connect with Sterling's online community and demonstrate your knowledge to a wider audience.
- Give readers an taste of your style and the extensive knowledge you have to offer them
- Choose your own topic or select from a list of ideas based on your area of practice
All articles will include:
- A short biography and picture (when available) of the author
- Sharing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+
- Link to author's website and/or blog
- Link to seminar at which author is speaking (if applicable)
- Selected articles will also be highlighted in our monthly newsletter
Update Readers on Current Cases or New Laws/Regulations
Share Your Experience
- Relocating to a new state or licensing in a new state
- Involvement in social media
- Opinion on CLE regulations (state to state, topic allowances, etc.)
- What you wish you knew [5,10,50] years ago
- Tips for preparing and presenting at CLE seminars
Write Bulleted List or Comparison
- "The Pros or Cons of ___________"
- Examples: Virtual Assistants, Bar Association Memberships
- "How to _____________"
- Examples: Reduce Your Liability, Write a Better Lease
- "Top [10/7/3] Things You Need to Know About ______________"
- Examples: Independent Contractors, Fair Housing, Workers' Comp Insurance
- Comparing and clarify
- Easily confused terms/laws in your practice area
- Neighboring states with varying rules
- "Dos and Don'ts of ____________"
- Examples: Social Media Policies, Bad Faith Claims
- "[5/7/10] Steps to Take Before _______"
- Examples: Terminating an Employee, Choosing an Eviction Attorney
Excerpt from Seminar Materials
- If you are a speaker for a recent or upcoming seminar, consider pulling a section from your materials to convert to a blog post
Recommended length is 500-1000 words, depending on the format and topic.
Each guest post will include a biography of the author and an optional photo. Please send your biographical information and a head shot with your submission.
Submissions are not required to include a title or images; they will be added as needed for best formatting. If you would like to send a photo to enhance your content please include source and copyright details.
Posts related to upcoming seminars should be submitted at least a month prior to the seminar for best results, however later posts are accepted and posted as time allows.